ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL A comparison/Earl Cambell vs LSU LF

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
When Bum Phillips was leading the old Houston Oilers and the Love you Blue were huge in Texas they had the most physical running back and if not the best I have seen extremely close in Earl Cambell. Earl Cambell was IMO a more physical back than LF with maybe not quite as much straight away speed but it was close. As successful as Bum and Earl were they never not once won an AFC Championship. They always lost out to primarily Pittsburgh who always had that great defense and a more balanced offense than Houston. While I loved Bum it was his strength and at the same time his weakness of never being balanced enough to win against the teams that could stop his run. I relate Miles to that same mind set. He will win a lot of games with his style. But Miles has a Steel Curtain in front of him and its Bama's Defense. And Bama has a more diverse offense. While they have running backs that can match LSU's they have a more efficient passing game. All that leads to Bama winning the last 5 with no end in sight.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News