ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL A more healthy LSU QB Danny Etling not focused on winning 'the big game' against No. 1 Alabama

03_TIGERS_07

Keeping the peace
Sep 29, 2007
Death Valley
lsu.rivals.com
59e532eb455bd.image.jpg

Danny Etling is battling the normal ails that come with being quarterback of a football team, especially one that starts two true freshmen on the offensive line.

He’s got “very sore” ribs and an ankle, LSU coach Ed Orgeron said last week. Etling shrugged off those ills during interviews with reporters.

After all, the Indiana native played last season without full feeling in his left foot and leg because of a swollen spinal disc in his back resting on a nerve.

“This is nothing compared to that,” Etling said. “I can feel every amenity of my body.”

The senior gets his last shot against the Tide. This may be his final chance to win the big one. Orgeron spoke candidly in September about that.

“Everybody is waiting to see him win the big game. And let me say this correctly: He'll never win the big game by himself,” Orgeron said. “We'll do it as a team. But until he does that, I think that's going to be his mark, and he knows that.”

Etling isn’t focused on that, he insisted Tuesday.

I just want to do my job to help this team win,” he said. “Whatever that may be, whether throwing for a bunch of yards, making the right decisions or getting us in the right play. I don’t focus too much on what stage or what I’m doing as long as I’m doing my job for the team.”

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_cfc80128-bea0-11e7-baa0-2ba89cd5739e.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News