ADVERTISEMENT

Advocate Article on Steve Ensminger

Tigertoo

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2001
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_98264412-fdf9-11e7-8728-6b31ce8d95fd.html

Everyone should read this article. There have been a lot of comments made by members on this site who have blasted SE's past record as OC. Based on this article, it appears most comments did not have all the facts about each of his previous stops.

I will state at this point that my only complaint with SE was his performance against Bama. The game plan was bad, with the obvious goal of to "NOT TURN THE BALL OVER".

Assuming SE learned from this mistake (we all make mistakes and we all SHOULD learn from them)

I can understand the criticism of CEO not doing a national search again, but I cannot criticize the selection of SE as LSU's OC based on 4 things:

#1) He has a ton of experience building a passing game in run heavy teams, and has been extremely successful doing it. His short stints at Clemson and Auburn were doomed before he was even hired.

#2) He is certainly qualified, and proved as much in 2016, which was his first time in 20 years to be OC again. If we had hired him in 2016, we would have been thrilled with our improvement in only 1 year,and would be looking forward to seeing what he could do with a new QB.

#3) He is well respected outside of LSU, and loved by the players both present and past.

#4) He is LSU through and through, and isn't going to jump ship if LSU starts lighting it up offensively.

Finally, anyone criticizing him needs to look in the mirror and think about how they would feel if someone was saying the same thing about him/her. Give the man his opportunity before going off on him. He has family and friends in LA, some of whom are likely reading what you write.

It's obvious that SE knows what is expected of him, and he has not taken this decision lightly. It time to give him our support as Tiger fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News