ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL ... an insignificant opinion.

TDLSU

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
Hammond, Louisiana
... was going to wait, 'til the official OC hire was announced. Even that, would not change my pov, so here goes.

Let's go back to Coach Mile's firing. When it became clear it was a three man race, was very disappointed. Of the options, Fisher was reluctantly my first choice. To be honest, if an actual national search was made, Fisher, if he did make the top ten, would have been in the middle bottom range. Certainly expected to see a few NFL Coordinator type names floating around as possible candidates. What transpired did not give me any confidence in those responsible for the search. I looked for positives in Coach Orgeron and found some good things, I could get on board with. He was now the HC. Nothing I could do or say made any difference, I am after all insignificant.

The next "disappointment" was the hurricane fiasco. I became uncharacteristically vehement, in my refusal to see any reason the game could not be played on Saturday, as scheduled. On Thursday night it was obvious the weather was no longer a factor. I fully expected (silly me) that Our Athletic Director would be doing everything to make the game happen. I was lambasted to think there was anything else to be done. I still do not believe everything was done. In my insignificant opinion, it displayed nothing positive, nor, inventive, from the Athletic Department powers that be.

Now we hear that Coach Ensminger is the choice for OC. Can he be successful? IMHO yes he can.

A national search including several NFL names and a few Dan Enos "types", pro set; also, including coaches like Mike Yurcich/Sterlin Gilbert even with the stress their "O" puts on defenses. In fact Yurich and Gilbert were the names I was hoping to hear. Personally, I would not have hired someone who is on record as not wanting the job, but what do I know. If I were AD would have demanded an actual thorough search and superior hire.

From my perspective (without power or influence), certainly meaningless, the AD has not displayed the character, creativity, nor, grit, to warrant any kudos. Unless he does something dramatically different, for the life of me, do not see anything to warrant confidence. As far as the predictions of doom, I can see the many reasons for the "hissy-sissy fits".. in my trifling opinion, the ultimate responsibility with the long term success of LSU Football is tied to the AD. Hence, those running the show have shown me nothing.

Insignificant, as I am, will support the current coaching staff and players. If the new OC is Coach Ensminger, so be it, Coach Eaux will live or die by that decision. I don't believe Coach Ensminger will be an utter failure. Would love to have seen what Sterlin Gilbert could bring,... but, that seems to be another meaningless fascination.

When Coach Orgeron was chosen he became the HC of my Team and I supported and still support him. I will wait and see what next season brings, even with Coach Ensminger, I still see potential next season. This spring I will focus on the players who are Tigers. I will scrutinize any info on QB and RB development. I will look forward to a successful season. Will it bring disappointment, idk. I sure hope and expect to see fire and determination in the players. I hope the coaching staff will have the Team executing at a high level. Will they? idk.

Will I be supporting the Team and coaches, certainly. I'll go on record to say we open the season on a good note and beat Miami, after that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News