ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Anxiety increasing with 2018 signing class

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
As I read Tweets and surf sights I feel and see much anxiety among fans regarding what seems to be a much different approach in football recruiting. I don't have the answers but here are my thoughts.
1. Under Miles he was proven to be a closer for many big time kids. He and staff consistently had top 7 classes. That's the good.
2. Under Miles LSU was successful in getting its fair share of high 4 and 5 star kids. But in most years our recruiting failed to always meet roster demands. Leaving us short in various positions in numbers and talent.
3. Miles approach looked really good on recruiting rankings most times but it yielded only 2 SEC titles in 11 years. My opinion only is because their were always holes in our roster and where we needed 5* recruits we were not getting.
4. Now Orgeron comes in. As it looks now and we need to be very careful because we should have learned from the Presidential election and LSU's current baseball team....it is never over until it's over. LSU has loaded up on a little lower *** rating player by the so called recruiting agencies. Our number of commits sit at 21 today. Unreal......still over 5 months to early signing period.
5. By looking at the class of 2018 it seems we are meeting roster needs. Maybe not meeting our fan base *** expectations but filling out the roster needs.
6. Is this staff under Orgeron better talent evaluators than us fans and Rivals, 247 Sports and others??? Orgeron hopes so.
7. If roster management is indeed improved will Orgeron philosophy work??? Orgeron hopes so.

Conclusion: I don't have the answers to all the questions so I have anxiety as well with the change of philosophy. But I have learned sometimes patience is a virtue and we must see how the Orgeron plan plays out. Unfortunately we won't know for a while. But I can bet this. It is like the pitcher tonight for LSU. He is unproven and if he missteps he will have a quick hook and will be pulled fast. I see the same with Orgeron. Alleva and others in control certainly sees what we see. Without the right outcome for Orgeron a quick hook can be in store. We will see. As a Tiger fan I will be cheering and praying for the best results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News