Badgers open first scrimmage to the public

Tigris Panthera

2nd Team All-America
Sep 6, 2010
Badgers open first scrimmage to the public
UW to showcase 2014 squad on Sunday, Aug. 10 at Camp Randall Stadium

10204065.jpeg

Aug. 5, 2014

MADISON, Wis. -- It has been nearly four months since fans have been able to watch the Wisconsin football team in action in Camp Randall Stadium. And in 25 days, the No. 14 Badgers open the 2014 season against No. 13 LSU in prime time on national television.

With all that anticipation, it's no wonder that UW fans need to feed their football appetite. That's why head coach Gary Andersen has decided to open the Badgers' first scrimmage of the fall to the public.

The scrimmage will be held at Camp Randall Stadium on Sunday, Aug. 10 from 11 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. Admission is free and fans can enter Camp Randall through Gate 1 starting at 10:30 a.m. In the case of inclement weather, there is no makeup date.

Parking is available for free in the Lot 17 ramp located just north of Camp Randall Stadium.

One lucky fan in attendance will win four tickets to UW's Homecoming game vs. Maryland on Oct. 25. The drawing will take place at the conclusion of the scrimmage and fans must be in attendance to claim their prize.

This will be the best opportunity for Badgers fans to see 2014 Heisman Trophy candidate Sojourn Shelton. In addition, UW has 43 true or redshirt freshmen in camp that are battling for playing time, especially at wide receiver and along the defensive front seven.

"I hope we can get as many Badger fans as possible to Camp Randall on Sunday," Andersen said. "It's a great opportunity for them to see our team as we prepare to open the season. But just as important, our young players need to play in front of a crowd because a number of them will be counted on to play against LSU and that experience is invaluable.

"It's important to me that our fans feel a connection to our team and hopefully this event, along with Family Fun Day the following week, will help build that bond. I know there are some fans that don't have the opportunity to come see us in person at Camp Randall during the season. It's a special event that I think everyone should experience."

In addition to the open scrimmage on Aug. 10, the Badgers will hold Family Fun Day on Saturday, Aug. 16 from 5-7 p.m. Coach Andersen and UW players will be available for autographs and photos that day. Fans will also receive team posters courtesy of Wisconsin National Guard.

Parking for Family Fun Day is available in Lot 16 (behind the UW Police Station) and Lot 17 (north of Camp Randall). Fans are encouraged to enter Camp Randall Stadium at Gate 1 or Gate 10. Admission is free.

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-footbl/wis-m-footbl-body.html

LINK

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT