ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Chew on this fat...

roadkinglsu

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2007
Ruston, LA
So I like coach O in the program. Maybe not as HC but definitely in the program. Maybe the biggest mistake of Alleva's was naming him interim. Now anything short of the HC he is likely to leave or not be retained.

But here is the fat to chew on...
O is getting hammered for the offensive production in the 2 losses, right? Everyone thinks he should have intervened and made a different play call on the last play. What did Miles get criticized for so often? Not letting his coaches coach and meddling in the offense. O was doing EXACTLY what we all wanted Miles to do, let his coaches coach. Now I am of the opinion the SE is NOT the OC we need and we are playing with an already dealt hand on offense thanks to CC and Miles. O lets Aranda coach and doesn't meddle. What's the difference? Aranda is doing well with his dealt hand and I can't wait to see it when he gets some serious meat up front!

I'm not promoting O or not. BUT, we can't throw the baby out with the bath water and go to a coach that is so offensively minded that he neglects recruiting the athletes on D. This concerns me slightly. Some of these offensive coaches think a good defense is out scoring the opponent even if it's a 60-56 score, hey we won! Just food for thought. If O is letting his offensive coaches coach, isn't the failure right now more an indictment of what he was left with and who Miles hired??

Reactions: MTT75007
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News