ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Miles on other jobs (and my interviewing advice):

Colleyvilletiger

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 10, 2001
His words:

"Here's the interesting thing: The experience that you've had in 17 years of head-coaching experience, you can't put in a two-hour interview and it's impossible to try," Miles said. "So what you do is you do the best you can to display these great number of experiences that you've had, and then you want to see how they respond. It's important that it's a great fit. And if they don't want an experienced coach and a guy that's been through really a number of situations, I understand. I really do, and I'm for them."

IMO - bad bad approach. Talking experience: BAD. He needs to emphasize a list of demonstrable strengths, then convey a vision for the program going forward. Any known weaknesses need a forthright answer. He should:

1. Talk recruiting power, and talent assessment. Hammer the shit out of this. Mention LF and JA.
2. Grow this program organically through better talent acquisition. Mention their lack of next level talent, and how that will change. Talent is the key to growing the program.
3. Talk balanced offense, new coordinator; clean sheet of paper and a balanced offense is and has been the goal, there were circumstances that won't repeat.

SUMMARY: We will recruit our way to success.

This is just my advice on how to interview. His words tell me why he hasn't been hired yet.

Reactions: reedcarlton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News