ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Coach O and recruiting

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
When you become a LSU football recruiting "junkie" and watch every Tweet and all the other Social Meda activity regarding these high school kids over time a Picture Develops.

You can sort of get the vibe of what's coming. And what schools are clicking and what schools are not. What Coach is hot and working like a horse and which coachs just seem to be in quick sand.

What I gather from the info available is Coach O and LSU is getting known for several things mentioned over and over again. Below:
1. Much detail
2. Much communication. Almost over load.
3. When a key player comes to campus no matter what day or night it is LSU and Orgeron goes all out. Dinner in stadium, special lighting in stadium, creative videos, personal videos, etc. Orgeron seems to master in his own way of how to Host a Player. He puts his south Louisiana hospitality on these top recruits and his families. And for those of us from South Louisiana we understand what that means and their is a huge difference from other parts of the country.
4. Hand written letters are going out by the truck loads. As someone that knows told me they have always went out but not like now. Huge difference.
5. When the top guys come to campus a plan....detailed plan of education him on depth chart and role he will play to every detail. In the past LSU was afraid to give out to much info early. Not now.

And a bit of first hand info. I was told that Coach O is working every secretary and support person in the football office at a level never seen. Wanting every detail taken care of and just going so many extra miles on the effort of recruiting. And what makes his style of recruiting so much more time consuming is his efforts to recruit the kid and every person around the kid that has an impact in the decision. I hope everyone enjoys this info and it sheds some light on why LSU will have a great 2018 class. PS: Also told that with the style of recruiting happening now LSU may need to process a few.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News