ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Early reactions from LSU commitments, targets on Ed Orgeron news

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
I'll be updating this as we hear back from more and more recruits. Basically I'm asking most of the guys the same thing, for a response to the Orgeron news and "how it may or may not make a difference" in their recruitment.

First response back I got was from LSU's biggest 2022 target (I think), Quency Wiggins.

TARGETS

2022 Quency Wiggins: "I had a good relationship with (LSU) now I have to see who they hire now."

2023 Jayden Wayne: "I didn't get a chance to meet him so not really. Just gonna watch who comes in next."

2023 Tristen Sion: "Coach O is most definitely a coach I’d want to be coached by. I truly believe Coach O is the guy for the job at LSU."

2024 Mabrey Mettauer: "It’s so disappointing that this will be his last season. I formed a really good relationship with Coach O. He’s one of the most personable coaches I’ve been around and I really respect that! The OC, coach Peetz, is the greatest too! I hope he’s not going anywhere! Regardless of the outcome, LSU is a strong fit no matter who the coach is."

2023 Trey Holly: "It’s not gonna make a difference to me because I mean they are still gonna be great and they're still gonna do what they do best."

2023 Ryan Yaites: "It's always unfortunate when a coach is replaced but I understand that it's a business. I will be paying close attention to the staff and who will be the new coach. My dad always told me nothing is promised, but change. I really enjoyed my visit yesterday and LSU has always been very high on my dream schools. Hopefully the new coach and staff still sees me as a good fit. Luckily, I'm 2023 so there is time to see how it all works out. Geaux Tigers."

2022 Jacoby Mathews: "I love coach O to death. I somewhat don’t want to talk about it. But hopefully something shakes and it’ll make it better. I will forever love Louisiana so I want to just relax and see how everything goes."

2023 Kaleb Jackson: "It was big news but there wasn’t too much of a reaction from me. I have grown a relationship with Coach O so it’s sad it see him go, but it’s a business and you gotta just keep playing."

2023 Will Randle: "I can only control what I can control."

2022 Anthony Lucas: "Just some of the guys in the recruiting department were saying how it's sad to see, but they have good plans that the AD will pick somebody good to come in and take over for next year. I just want to who they hire and who makes it through."

COMMITMENTS

2022 Nathan Dibert: "Haven’t made a thought about it yet. Just found out."

2022 Mason Taylor: "Definitely made a difference because I committed to LSU with the head coach of Ed Oregron and his staff, but since he’s not there I have to make a decision on what I should do."

2022 Tygee Hill: "I just seen it and I just need a little time to process and strategize. Right now I'm reevaluating everything and just taking everything in."

2022 DeColdest Crawford: "No comment, I’m still processing."

2022 TreVonte Citizen: "I mainly chose LSU for the school not the coaches. Just unfortunate I won’t be coached by Coach O."

2022 Laterrance "LT" Welch: "It depends on if Coach Raymond leaves or not. That's all for me."

2023 Omarion Miller: "Still love for LSU. I rather not speak (anymore) on it."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News