ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Freshman class

mojo tiger

Hall Of Fame
Nov 6, 2001
Are these young freshmen really that much better then classes in the recent past? Is this a little skewed because some of the upper classmen aren't as good as some of the teams of the past?

This class has some players that I predict would are going to have extremely bright futures early in their careers: Grant Delpit, K’Lavon Chaisson, Todd Harris, Miles Brennan, Jacob Phillips, Tyler Taylor, Edward Ingram and Kary Vincent.

Saahdiq Charles, Austin Deculus, Jacoby Stevens, Tyler Shelvin, Neil Farrell and Patrick Queen, Lowell Narcisse and Clyde Edwards-Helaire are all players that could be outstanding in time, but in my opinion are a little behind the players I mentioned above.

Depth is NOT as great as we've enjoyed recently, so these young players will be forced to step up sooner than they expected. How many of these young Tigers will be outright starters before the end of the regular season? I predict 4 (Grant Delpit, Miles Brennan, Edward Ingram and Todd Harris). K’Lavon Chaisson, Jacob Phillips, Kary Vincent and Grant Delpit are future first round draft selections IMHO.

Jacoby Stevens could be the biggest surprise of the entire class; as the top rated safety in the 2017 class he will transition to wide receiver where I believe he'll flourish under Matt Canada's wide open offense. I see a lot of Michael Clayton in him: big, fast and very physical. He's going to star as a true freshman on special teams while he learns how to run better routes as a receiver. The sky is the limit for this outstanding young athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News