RECRUITING Friday night notes

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
A few additional notes to pass along…

The staff and coaches have an incredibly busy Saturday with obviously getting the team focused in on Bama but they’re hosting a large group of recruits, many of them are high-profile type of prospects too. I’m told it will be right around 100 in total. We’ll have to see how weather may or may not effect travel plans getting to BR in the morning for some.

But some guys are going to start arriving early, for example, five-star Ryan Wingo, the No. 2 WR in 2024 will be in right around 8AM and not too much longer after that will be new commit Colin Hurley, who absolutely will be chatting up Wingo, and many others, about joining him at LSU. I’m told Hurley has already started reaching out and building relationships with Desmond Ricks, who played 7-on-7 with Hurley, along with several of the LSU commitments like Tayvion Galloway and JoJo Stone but also looking to develop relationship with TE Trey’Dez Green, who’s a priority target for LSU.

As far as who could be some of the next commitment ready players, keep an eye on 2024 Ehret OT Khayree Lee, who was absolutely enamored with his offer recently. The offer from Brian Kelly and Brad Davis was a gamechanger for Lee.

Also, Dylan Carpenter, a DE from St. Amant and ULL commitment. LSU has quietly been building communication with him. Frank Wilson recently visited during the bye week and he also talks with Joe Sloan and Jordan Arcement. It sounds like an offer could be coming tomorrow and I wouldn’t be shocked if Dylan flips on the spot, although, he could take a day or so then do it. I don’t see him passing up an offer from LSU for ULL.

Another in-state 2024 player to keep eyes on is Wallace Foster from Easton. I wasn’t sure if Foster would be an actual take for the Tigers when it’s all said and done because of his size and the offer was from previous staff but it sounds as though the new staff would take him and he could be nearing a decision.

After this weekend LSU should know where it stands with many of their targets such as Javien Toviano, Ayden Williams, etc.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.