ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASEBALL From Here to the End

Wildtigers10

Hall Of Fame
Jan 26, 2006
Shreveport, Louisiana
LSU currently sits at 28-16. They have three SEC series remaining two at home, Arkansas and Florida and one on the road Tennessee. They have two away games with Notre Dame and Northwestern at home.

Based upon how they are currently playing, I do not see them sweeping any series. But 2-1 with Arkansas and Tennessee are strong possibilities and 2-0 with Notre Dame is possible but not likely. They should of course win the Northwestern game and take at least one with Florida, though getting swept is a real possibility.

So best case scenario, I see them with eight more wins to finish 36-20 and be on the bubble to host a regional. I believe they will have to take two of three from Arkansas and Tennessee and win at least one against Florida to get there on the host spot. But, it is probably a pipe dream to host a regional and not travel somewhere as a two seed.

Another scenario would have them lose all of the SEC series and split with Notre Dame. That would put them somewhere around 33-23 and the very worst case get swept by Florida and Notre Dame 31-25.

I don't know if 31-25 will be good enough to make the tournament having a meltdown like that the last part of the season. So, I am going to hope for the best case scenario. These last twelve games are critical and I sure would feel better if they had a fourth starter. Going to ND for two games is going to be a killer.

Reactions: TigerNbama
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News