ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC FSU quarterback dismissed from the "university"

jmaclsu

Hall Of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Let me preface my comments with "I have never hit a female, even when provoked. As a southern gentleman, there is no excuse. Period."

I would however like to discuss the legal side of this issue for just a second.

In the article linked in another thread http://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...deandre-johnson-arrest-assault-incident-video

it says that "Johnson was already suspended indefinitely due to the accusations and was dismissed from the university later Monday night following the videos release."

The video clearly shows a verbal confrontation between two people that escalated into each throwing punches. Let's assume the girl is instead another man. Is either person charged? What if the roles were reversed and he was a she and she was a he? Who gets charged? Does the law make a distinction between a man or a woman? I think not.

But really here is my question. FSU kicked him out of school for misdemeanor battery. It is one thing to suspend or kick someone off of a team but to kick them out of school??? Does every student at FSU that gets "charged" with a misdemeanor get kicked out of school? What about a speeding ticket? that's a misdemeanor. The kid wasn't at a FSU event. He wasn't representing FSU in any capacity. How do they kick him out of school?

Similarly LSU kicked TM7 out of school for testing positive when the rest of the student body isn't even tested. Hell in the 1980's when I was at LSU half the student body smoked weed on campus. Don't say but TM7 was on financial aid. With tops and LSU admission requirements, most of the students are on some type of financial aid.

I think each would have a very clear civil rights violation lawsuit if they wanted to pursue it.

Once again to be clear. Dudes should NEVER HIT GIRLS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News