ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASEBALL GEAUXing forward.

LSUDQ

Hall Of Fame
Feb 15, 2008
Well I guess CPM has got to leave Hess on Friday. He was probably promised the Friday spot at some point while he was recruited. I have NEAUX problem with that because he is our one and only Friday night capable guy. CPM had that right all along. I so wanted him in the closer role and still believe when post season roles along it will rear it’s ugly head that we don’t have the Wild Thing closing. Long way to GEAUX. Still a chance. Doubtful.

Hilliard needs to be the Saturday/ second day starter in SEC series.
I have been scared of Gilbert all along. When I post I am scared he seems to do well. He has very good stuff. He just doesn’t fit a true roll. My best guess is he should get some spot duty in situations CPM picks for him.

Sunday?? What do you do. Guess you could start Gilbert and see how it goes.
He just has not been good lately. Some pine time will probably wake him up and get his head right to be better. I don’t question his effort at all. He just lacks focus.

Other Sunday scenarios.
Man we have plenty of guys who can put together at least 2 games out of the pen. Problem is, how many of them do we have to use to get through Friday and Saturday.

If we can pitch deep into Friday and Saturday games with the starters we have plenty left for Sunday.

I think I would start Beck and have Vietmeir, Bain, Peterson, Labas et al finish.

I believe Sanders needs to start a mid week game every week. He needs innings. He has all the stuff to be successful but is another guy who struggles between the ears. Dunn I am sure has been very helpful to all of these guys, I just think some of them just don’t get it intellectually. Obviously just a guess. However it is hard to see all the talent they possess, knowing Dunn is helping them, and very little improvement. Hopefullly the light bulb goes off soon for some of them.

The lineup is another thread all together.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News