ADVERTISEMENT

Good Vs Good

starpressley

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2006
Good VS Good. I remember in 2011 one of the main things that seemed to have gotten our team ready for it was the fact that we played Oregon as an opening and the guys were worked harder(shifting offenses to simulate hurry ups) during offseason workouts. They said this made them stronger and faster.

Being that we are playing a strong wisc front 7 who will likely be using last years defensive playbook(Aranda Playbook). We should be preparing for them by running a lot more good vs good/1 VS 1s. Do we really need much of a scout team for the offense or can't we just let our D line up and dominate?...once the offense is capable of stopping our D then we should be ready to play just about anybody. I Also think this is the only way to see if BH has truly improved. Once he can throw against what is likely the best secondary in the country then he's ready.... If I'm not mistaken Bama uses a 3-4 as well. And although their scheme may not be exactly ours they use something similar and their Tim Williams seems to be the same as our Arden Key(from what I'm hearing from their camp)...so once we can stop Key we can stop TW and anyone else.....

In essence what I'm saying is I think Playing Wisky as the first game elevates our level of play for the entire season so long as we are able to get the extra time in playing Good VS Good. What opinions and observations have do you guys have?

Last edited:
Reactions: msptigers1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News