ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Great coaches ....

15Nicole

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2015
Folks, give this a thought. My opinion of what makes a great coach is that he wins the games he is supposed to win and a percentage of those he is not supposed to win.
Think of the Joe Pa, Osborne, Switzer (hated him - lol), Woody Hayes, Bear days. Those guys very, very seldom lost a game they were supposed to win.
Now, look across this year's cfb landscape and name me a coach not named Saban who has not lost a game he was supposed to win. Not sure you can do it. And several of the favorites, more than one.
Mike and a few others responded to either my post earlier or one similar pointing out O's successes, with a bit of a "big deal, we should be beating those teams". So, I challenge you folks to name me a coach on our possibles list who has not dropped the ball on a weaker team.
It takes a certain gift to be able to get your team up week after week, kind of like last week's rebound against the hogs. I think O might have that gift. I'm still in the wait and see mode, but I'm damn sure gonna give O a poot-pot of credit for beating those teams he is supposed to, and soundly!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News