ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Herman could be in play for LSU

tiger3232

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2010
Looks like the UT boosters may be pushing for Herman as HC. Some people think LSU may be the better fit though. I would be ecstatic to have Herman as HC and Aranda as DC. They both used to be roommates in college. Aranda may want to stay at LSU for a while coaching with his old bud. This link suggests the bid for Herman may start at $5.5 million a year. LSU might be able to win the bidding war especially if Strong has that $10 million buyout. UT would have to come up with at least $15.5 million minimum with firing strong and hiring Herman. That price doesn’t even account for how much it would cost to buy out Herman’s contract from Houston. LSU could win the bidding war especially if it reaches the $6.5 million range a year. I'm not so sure UT would be willing to dish out $17.5 million or more to get this done. UT may back off the bidding war and decide to keep Strong for another season. They backed away from Saban when Bama threw more money at him. I hope Alleva has serious talks with Herman and gets this done.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-texas-under-‘extreme’-pressure-to-fire-charlie-strong-hire-tom-herman/ar-AAkvmuo?ocid=spartandhp

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News