ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL 'He's still stealing from us, that little sawed-off S.O.B ...

03_TIGERS_07

Keeping the peace
Sep 29, 2007
Death Valley
lsu.rivals.com
Saban's long shadow lingers at LSU.

BATON ROUGE - Maybe it's ideal to hear the story of Nick Saban's $14,000 recruiting table while just outside Tiger Stadium, where everything is so very LSU that 1959 Heisman Trophy winner Billy Cannon has just strolled in toward the elevator.

"When Coach O was hired as interim," Netterville said, "we went to him and said, 'Look, there are a lot of people in our organization that have been turned off by Les Miles.' I'm not going to get into why or anything, but he's not real friendly. O, on the other hand, will do anything you ask him to do. So we said, look - I didn't do this, but the CEO does it - here's 25 names of people who have been very loyal supporters of football as well as LSU that have kind of disassociated themselves because they couldn't go to first base with Les Miles. Would you mind calling, just introduce yourself, and say, 'Welcome. We want you involved,' and all that? He called five a day.

"He called me. I'm in Rome! I said, 'Coach, I'm so glad you got the interim job,' I said. 'But you know, I'm in Rome.' He said, 'Rome? I bet they don't serve etouffee in Rome!' "

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2017/11/hes_still_stealing_from_us_tha.html#incart_river_home

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News