ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL How I see the season going from here

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
Thus far the season has gone exactly like I thought it would with the exception I did not predict Miles being fired during the season and a Etling becoming our starter. Based on what I have seen these are the issues below that I find challenging for the 2016 Tigers.
1. I thought our OL and specifically our tackles would be our Achilles Heel on offense and our QB. We changed QB's which is a help and now our Best OL guy is at RT. I still see this OL having trouble in the remaining five games.
2. I also thought our defense while it may be It would not be good enough against the better teams to play for a championship. At this time last year our D looked good and then in November the weaknesses showed. I think we are better at DL in 2016. My concerned is LB and the youth in the middle of the line. Losing Loucotoure was a real blow in hindsight.
3. I thought our Special Teams were a detriment. They were Still a problem this year while Les was head coach. Improvement has been made with the new staff but the true test is coming.

I predicted at best a 9-3 year or 8-4. I think of all the people predicting their was nobody that posted anything worse than 10-2.

Now here is my hope being a faithful fan. Coach O and our staff have done all they can to make fast changes to improve the offense and improve the Special Teams. With injuries the OL is thin in depth but moving Pocic to tackle actually may be a blessing. Boutee is playing much better than I anticipated and predicted. MT is not playing as well as I thought he would. Malone against the good players this year has not fairy well which I predicted. But some on here wanted to talk about his long arms. A QB change can be a blessing.

So I predict with 5 games left the best we can hope for realistically is to go 3-2. A small slip however we could end up going 2-3.

Then the season will end and Jimbo Fisher will be named head coach During the first week of December.

PS: Knowing some of the posters please know this is not a "told you so" post. I don't play by that rule. I want LSU to win every game. Just my opinion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News