ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL How we Finish

khalid_hall

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Slidell, LA
Man. It is nice to see the board alive again with excitement. I was beginning to wonder if everyone had tapped out. Maybe the Wednesday chat will end up being more than three pages this week.

Anyway, with all of this excitement, lets take a minute to pontificate about how this team finishes the season. As I look at the schedule, I believe that if this LSU team shows up the rest of the year, we only have to worry about Bama. However, if they regress I can see another loss sneaking in there (Next week is critical). As for the Bama game, I believe it will be similar to last year. I believe the secondary will keep Hurts from having a great passing game. But I am not sure we have the depth to keep Hurts, Scarborough, and Harris from running at least one in. Offensively, I am hoping that Canada's playbook takes effect and the players turn the corner. If not, we will be lucky to not be shut out. Possibly a 17-6 type game.

So right now, I am willing to stick my neck out and say that we finish with only one more loss. Patterson will find the windows against our secondary are a lot tighter than what he has been seeing, more of the same for aTm, and Arky and Tennessee will probably have interim coaches by the time we play them. 9-3 to finish the year is not bad and gives me hope for next year, provided we keep Aranda and Canada (Not quite as sold on him though).

Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News