ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Impacts of CEH's injury on the offense

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
LSU will be able to run the ball without CEH, but look for more negative plays in the running game, with CEH constantly making guys in the backfield miss. But the running game isn't the concern.

The passing game took a huge hit when CEH went down. We have all seen what he can do as a receiver, but his often overlooked contributions in pass protection will have an affect on this offense. He is far and away their best in pass pro, while being the only running back on the current roster with a reliable set of hands. Let me be careful when I say this--the hell with it--the other guys have horrible hands.

They also tend to struggle at running running. They don't do a good job setting up defenders by their angles of attack, nor do they run their routes at the consistent, proper depths. These are things I saw in HS and have heard all year long when talking to sources. I think LSU can win the Oklahoma game without CEH, in fact they will, but missing him for a Clemson/Ohio State matchup would be very bad. The way things are sounding, I wouldn't count on him being available for that contest, either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.