ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Insider Details: Dominos anyone?

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
Ok, so we all witnessed the first ball drop last night when Jalen Lee announced that he was no longer committed to LSU.

This dates back a couple months, as many of you may remember with Sam's post regarding Lee wavering a bit. That was true, but Sam got a tad ahead of himself. If Sam doesn't put up that post, Lee likely decommits that night. But, LSU was tipped off due to the post and went on the offensive.

Well, Lee was still flirting with other schools, and with LSU looking to trim fat as we near signing day, it created a natural parting of ways if you will.

Who's next:

There are 3 prospects that are trying to secure their spots in Zach Evans, Phillip Webb and Marcus Dumervil. Adding those 3 means there would need to be two more dominos to fall. But, I am inching closer and closer to putting in a FutureCast for Jordan Burch, which means three more dominos need to fall. I am not sure we will see three more defections, though.

The greyshirt is difficult to pull off, with kids having too many other options, but there is a prospect in LSU's class that may be in a situation that could lead to a greyshirt.

Cam'Ron Jackson has a questionable academic situation and being committed to LSU for so long has kept nearly all the competition at bay. LSU could be in a strong position to have Jackson join the class as a greyshirt candidate, being that he would redshirt next year anyway.

That’s just speculation at this point—something I typically shy away from on matters like this—but it’s crunch time.

Greyshirt: When a prospect joins the class, but is not initially on scholarship due to scholarship limits being reached, but it promised a scholarship during the next cycle.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News