ADVERTISEMENT

Insider Details on potential coaching hires

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018
LSU is close to wrapping up the coaching searches for the defensive staff. According to a source, the Tigers are expecting to finalize the deal to bring in Vikings DB coach Daronte Jones as the new DC. Everyone I speak with that is familiar with Jones thinks this will be a strong hire.

I’m expecting to see a 3-year deal in the 1.3-1.5 million range.

I expect LSU to name a linebackers coach and defensive line coach shortly after Jones’s deal is finalized.

Miami DC Blake Baker is a name to watch in regards to filling the LB coaching position, which will likely come with another title like running game coordinator. Baker is the former La Tech DC and has a lot of strong relationships throughout the state.

Orgeron and Co. really wanted to make a splash hire on the defensive line and it appears that may transpire. NY Jets defensive line coach Andre Carter appears to have emerged as the front runner for the position, according to multiple sources. Carter is a former 1st round pick and pro bowler at defensive end. He just wrapped up his second season as the Jets DL coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News