ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASEBALL Interesting, when asked about YOUR expectations for the Baseball program,

LaCour

Hall Of Fame
Jan 12, 2002
When asked .. What are YOUR expectations of the LSU BB program, only one person replied. The others deflected the question or didn't respond. To me, it is a VERY simple question that should be VERY simple to answer.

All jobs have expectations. I think its funny, and quite frankly it shows the inexperience in business for many of our posters, how difficult this is to answer. When I hire people, I expect them to perform. I'm in business to stay in business. We usually sit down and generate reasonable goals and expectations together.

What I find interesting here is that people's expectations of the BB program have changed. Laval was on a short leash. He was fired rather quickly because we expected him to win. It seems to me that PM's national title has somehow allowed him to dictate a new level of expectation for the LSU BB program.

Simply put... here are my expectations of LSU BB. This doesn't mean I would fire him necessarily for not achieving these goals, but, I certainly would not adjust my expectations.

Using a 5 year time frame~

Make it to the CWS 3 out of 5 years
Go deep into the CWS 2 out of the 5
Win the title 1 out of every 5

These are not unreasonable for LSU BB. And, they are far less than what Bertman achieved. Well, I anticipate someone bringing up the early years of Bertman when he took it over and had to build it from scratch. But I think if you look at Bertman's tenure, when he got the program rolling, it's prudent to look at those years because that is what established us as a power.

So my question is... what are you expectations?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News