ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Just finished re-watch, glad to see the improvement...

Once and Future King

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
It was good to see the improvement we made from our first game to our second. There were so many variables, with all the new players, new staff, new system being implemented, it was pretty much unprecedented for LSU. We new there would be all sorts of issues we might have to iron out and I was pleased to see that we did.

Obviously the level of competition has to be taken into account when looking at stats and stuff, but that's not what I was worried about, I was more concerned with the self-inflicted errors we were plagued with during the first game. We didn't fumble any punt returns, we didn't have the issues with the center-QB exchange, we got the blocking for the kicking game sorted out and so on. I didn't expect us to come out looking perfect, but I did expect us to make some serious improvements from week 1 to week 2 (as all teams do) and it was a relief to see that we did.

As an aside, it was pretty obvious why Daniels is our starter right now. Nussmeier's talent is undeniable but he really needs to settle down a bit and learn to stop forcing so much, or he's going to get passed up.

Really looking forward to getting Emery back and seeing how much the ground game improves, but I was pretty pleased with what we saw out of Goodwin - again, level of competition taken into account. I can see what BK saw in Nabers, so hopefully he's got all that stuff out of his head and behind him for good now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News