ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Listen guys... I like Coach O a lot, and you ain't gonna like

kwdaniel

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2003
hearing this, but we can't hire him as our Coach. We need a big time offensive ass kicker that can develop QB's. Coach O is doing the best he can with the shit Miles left, but I think our program is just too elite for him long term. I respect the hell out of him, but we will take a huge step back with him long term. We don't need another CEO type coach. We need an offensive expert, period.

The homegrown Coach O Louisiana crap is nice, but I could careless where our next coach is from, as long as he's a winner. Time to get serious about a new coach now.

I agree that coach o is not our man but coach Aranda should be offered and let him go get us a great and up and coming oc

Everyone can come up with all the coulda, shouda, woulda but DE got pummeled tonight. Just like last year; there is no game plan that will work when you get whip in the trenches!. It isn't rocket science.
The next guy better focus on high quality OL/DL recruiting otherwise LSU will never be able to compete with Bama!

Last edited:
Everyone can come up with all the coulda, shoda, woulda but DE got pummeled tonight. Just like last year; there is no game plan that will work when you get whip in the trenches!. It isn't rocket science.
The next guy better focus on high quality OL/DL recruiting otherwise LSU will never be able to compete with Bama!

The next guy better be able to recruit the best in the trenches. That is where we lost this. And DE had a bad game.

Everyone can come up with all the coulda, shoda, woulda but DE got pummeled tonight. Just like last year; there is no game plan that will work when you get whip in the trenches!. It isn't rocket science.

LSU had a bad offensive game plan for this game. The passing offense consisted of the same crap Miles/Cam called. The passing plays were plays that took too long to develop.

Etling was awful. He was just bad.

Swap QB's and LSU wins this game 17-0.

LSU had a bad offensive game plan for this game. The passing offense consisted of the same crap Miles/Cam called. The passing plays were plays that took too long to develop.

Completely disagree -- DE got hit just about every time he dropped back to pass. Those pass plays were the same plays that most were praising Ensminger for the last 3 games.
The problem wasn't the play calling; the problem was getting completely whipped at the LOS! You swap QB's and Bama would have won 17-0.

I won't even try to say that DE played well tonight; but he was hit just about every time he dropped back to pass. Our OL was not capable of blocking this Bama DL!

Last edited:
Completely disagree -- DE got hit just about every time he dropped back to pass. Those pass plays were the same plays that most were praising Ensminger for the last 3 games.
The problem wasn't the play calling; the problem was getting completely whipped at the LOS! You swap QB's and Bama would have won 17-0.

I'm not putting blame on any coaches. Our QB simply was not good enough to win this type of game. No doubt in my mind that if you keep everything the same, coaches, o-line, d-line, etc, etc and simply swap the QB's, LSU wins 17-0.

But.... With our talent deficient QB a different offensive game plan was needed. Still... We would have lost with Etling, so that point is meaningless.

I'm not putting blame on any coaches. Our QB simply was not good enough to win this type of game. No doubt in my mind that if you keep everything the same, coaches, o-line, d-line, etc, etc and simply swap the QB's, LSU wins 17-0.

But.... With our talent deficient QB a different offensive game plan was needed. Still... We would have lost, with Etling so that point is meaningless.
We will just agree to disagree on that point, my friend. The Bama QB is a better runner but he wouldn't have ran on that Bama defense with the current Tiger OL. On the other hand; we do know what DE can do when he has protection and time to throw!

I agree with you Etling was awful, he looked like he was back at Purdue. I stated early he isn't the guy, he has looked subpar against the better teams, I have never been impressed. One of those incoming high school kids may be the one we need to dethrone Bama.

I said a couple of weeks ago, we needed to speed the clock up at practice on DE, because there was no way he would have the time he had against our previous opponents. Alabama's defense is on another level. I hate to say this, but I think we should have put Harris in to run the read option, if for nothing else, to give them something else to think about. The I formation had no shot. Other than the Wisconsin game, this was the worst our oline has looked.

Does Saban call the offense? No Kiffen does, so why can't CEO go out and get a top notch OC that's on par with Kiffen or better?

O can recruit in the trenches, bring in some hot shot oc that can relate to qbs and you're set. Hell Craig might be that guy for all I know. All I know is that O is passionate about the job, school and state. He just needs to hire that right offensive coaches and not meddle in what they do.

Reactions: Destroyer27102
O can recruit in the trenches, bring in some hot shot oc that can relate to qbs and you're set. Hell Craig might be that guy for all I know. All I know is that O is passionate about the job, school and state. He just needs to hire that right offensive coaches and not meddle in what they do.
Exactly how I feel

hearing this, but we can't hire him as our Coach. We need a big time offensive ass kicker that can develop QB's. Coach O is doing the best he can with the shit Miles left, but I think our program is just too elite for him long term. I respect the hell out of him, but we will take a huge step back with him long term. We don't need another CEO type coach. We need an offensive expert, period.

The homegrown Coach O Louisiana crap is nice, but I could careless where our next coach is from, as long as he's a winner. Time to get serious about a new coach now.
We were terribly over match tonight with our OL versus Bama DL. And our QB is not good enough. Until we recruit better in these areas not much will change.

I agree with you Etling was awful, he looked like he was back at Purdue. I stated early he isn't the guy, he has looked subpar against the better teams, I have never been impressed. One of those incoming high school kids may be the one we need to dethrone Bama.

I agree sir DE just don't have it not at Purdue not at LSU .

Alabama's qb play was attrocious.That kid had about 5 turnovers himself,1 of which wasn't called.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT