ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL LSU assisted TAM & Jimbo

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
I don't care if you are in the College Coaching or sports management business, legal and lawyer business, hotel/motel business, etc within each business their is a network of people that know what's going on.

LSU in their last attemp to get Jimbo was much different from the 2015 attemp. The last attempt was strictly LSU liking Orgeron and not wanting to give Jimbo $7 mil/yr with the buyout of Miles. LSU did not have the appetite for that deal from the governor of Louisiana including King and Alleva.

But the word was soon out that Jimbo "could be bought for $7-$8 mil/year. TAM laid the groundwork to relieve Sumlin early by the AD at TAM stating publicly Sumlin and his Aggies had to be highly competitive unless a change would be made. In the circles of college football the Aggies then knew what it would take to get a Jimbo by the failure or lack of willingness by the LSU deal. I don't think LSU Failed it is more like Jimbo you are not worth $7.5 mil/year. And frankly when you look at the last three years of his conference record of 14-10 I am not sure if LSU was not correct in their decision. Right now as we sit today in my mind LSU and Alleva look like they were the winners in refusing to pay $7.5 when they got a better record out of a $3.2 mil dollar coach. Time will tell but from my prospective LSU got the better end of the deal. Their is NO WAY you can explain the horrible results of the 2017 Fla St record and performance with the talented roster Jimbo had.

So thanks to LSU the Aggies got their man at the price set with LSU. The pressure and stakes will be high at Aggie Land the next few years with extremely high expectations with not much patience. Good luck Jimbo. Hmmmmm no you are one lucky man. $75 mil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News