ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING LSU Elite Camp Day 3 (Saturday) in-depth report

RivalsWoody

Jul 11, 2012
The Best of the Best

Three-star Florida quarterback Carter Bradley was on campus today and in my opinion he looked very good during the time on-field. Bradley is the son of former Jacksonville Jaguars coach Gus Bradley and has ideal size for big-time college quarterback. The question with his game is how well does he potentially fit into LSU's new look offense? Several other programs like West Virginia, Louisville and Pittsburgh have offered, but I think an offer from the Tigers would really shake up his recruitment. The question is did the coaches think he was good enough to earn an offer? There's been no news on that front as of yet, but Bradley was the best of the quarterback bunch that I saw over the past three days.

Class of 2018 JUCO wide receiver Jashon Foster was one of the most impressive prospects of the day at any position, using his 6-foot-5 frame to dominate several defensive backs. Foster graduated from Ferriday in 2016 and has an offer from Mississippi State at the time, but failed to qualify. He appears to be on track and has three years to play two. I know he impressed the coaches as well and could be a name to remember going forward.

One of the best defensive backs on the day was three-star JUCO cornerback Delrick Abrams, Jr. He's a rangy prospect who is listed at 6-foot-3 and was one of the few people who could hang with Foster. Abrams has offers from Arkansas, Mississippi State and a handful of other major programs and will be a guy playing Power Five football in 2018.

Three-star Hightower (Texas) defensive back Hasaan Hypolite was in attendance and also impressed me quite a bit with his showing. He's listed at 6-foot, 195 pounds but might be a shade shorter. I know he impressed the coaches but I don't think he's an offer guy. Right now Texas Tech is his most notable offer to date.

Another quarterback I really liked was Class of 2019 North Panola, Mississippi prospect Kenneth Jefferson. The 6-foot-3, 195-pounder has an early offer from Memphis and was very effective throwing the ball on Saturday. Overall he might have been the most successful during one-on-ones, putting the ball in a good spot for his receivers and also putting some nice zip on the ball. I think he might be a name to remember as well.

Three-star Mississippi defensive back Cameron White was in attendance and put on a pretty impressive performance. White claims offers from Alabama and Ole Miss but as far as I can tell he hasn't been talked about much in relation to either program. White is a physically impressive prospect and this is my first time seeing him so it's not a surprise he has SEC options.

One player that got some love directly from Coach Orgeron during Friday's session was Memphis (Tenn.) Whitehaven defensive end Devon Robinson. The 6-foot-6, 260-pound prospect is a true sleeper, having just picked up his first three offers from Mississippi State, Memphis and Louisville earlier this month after a strong showing at a satellite camp in Memphis. Robinson comes from a powerhouse program that is known for producing talent and it's worth noting that he caught the coach's attention.

One of the few linemen that came into the day with offers was Class of 2018 three-star Mississippi defensive tackle James Williams. He took a ton of reps and was clearly one of the guys the staff was watching. Williams has LSU in his top six along with Alabama, Georgia, Ole Miss and Mississippi State. Obviously guys like him rarely leave Mississippi so from LSU's perspective it was big to get him on campus for not only a visit but a workout.

Three-star JUCO LSU commit commit Travez Moore was at the camp and worked out at defensive end rather than linebacker, the position we currently have him ranked at. Moore was very impressive coming off the edge, and even did some reps standing up to replicate his likely future role on LSU's defense. Moore is a guy with a lot of talent and I was impressed with how quick he was getting off the ball and getting into the backfield.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News