ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL LSU offense…..

Bill_D

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Houston, TX
At or near the end of the game the announcers were discussing the LSU offense and how it had been modified for the Ole Miss game. I am not sure I got the total gist of it but BK and the coaches want Nuss to be more aggressive down field and throw more deep balls so LSU run more deep patterns and less intermediate and short patterns. The announcers had been keeping track of it and evidently had been supplied history information about the number of different length throws in games. They stated that LSU threw more deep patterns in this game then any game since records on that had been kept. Kind of blew my mind which is probably not difficult. They deliberately made Nuss more aggressive and IMO may have been the reason BK said after the game that Nuss grew more in that game than any game .

Part of the growing might have been the low completion percentage and interceptions, but the completions also averaged about 15.3 yards/completion. Almost a “chunk” play. This could also be an effort to improve the running game. Reduce the interceptions and increase the completion percentage and you might see more guys off the LOS. It is interesting to note that the tying TD was 23 yards and tge winning TD was 25 yards. Nuss got better at chunk” plays I guess as time went on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.