ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL LSU QB versus LSU offense

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
Much discussion has been about how LSU has not recruited well at the QB position. Personally I believe the problem lies just as much on the offensive coaches in the development of an offensive scheme and philosophy as compared to us not getting a talented QB guy. Without naming other teams and players some of their QB's got to their universities not capable but through a offensive Philosphy and executing became "Good Enough" to win a Championship. The successful offensive teams in America have not flip flopped on their approach and the type of QB they put on the field. To me LSU have recruited and had the Metts and Rivers, etc. then we go with the BH and AJ and now maybe a L. Scott. I don't think you will see Alabama go recruit a option like QB like Auburn may want. And speaking of Auburn look what happened to them on offense in 2015 when they get away from the style QB that normally make their team successful. I personally don't think you can interchange a spread, pro style, Auburn/Ohio St. type offenses on a routine basis. I think the teams that pick their poison and stick with it re: Bama, Baylor, TCU, Oklahoma, Ohio St. , etc. they don't recruit a hammer to run the job when they need a nail gun.

Hope i have gotten my point across. In a nutshell LSU have not recruited or coached a consistent winning offensive scheme. And to me it's a combination of coaching and maybe somewhat the talent at the QB position that is the cause of our offensive issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News