ADVERTISEMENT

LSU vs. Wisconsin @ Lambeau - 2016

715Badger

Hall Of Fame
Dec 23, 2003
Looking forward to this. I have a lot of respect for your program coming up to Lambeau and playing UW there. Aside from visiting the most historical stadium in the NFL, I don't see what LSU can gain. Either way, it should be fun. Even if you don't get tickets to the game, touring Lambeau and the Packer HOF is something special. Good luck the rest of the year.

Every LSU fan I know has talked about this game and their wanting to attend. Tickets will be at a premium!

LSU recruits nationally, so there is plenty to gain. Heck, Wisc never seems to have any issues finding big/athletic OL, maybe LSU wants in on some of that...ha! Plus, I cannot imagine it will be as hot as it is down here in early September!

I love these OOC match ups.

If the game were being played at Camp Randall, I'd be coming, but seeing as it's at Lambeau, I won't. Why they decided to play these games in two NFL stadiums rather than giving the fans the chance to visit a legendary college venue (Camp Randall for LSU fans, Death Valley for Wisconsin fans), must be purely for money. It's certainly not for the fans enjoyment, imo.

Originally posted by tigerfreakdave1:
Every LSU fan I know has talked about this game and their wanting to attend. Tickets will be at a premium!

LSU recruits nationally, so there is plenty to gain. Heck, Wisc never seems to have any issues finding big/athletic OL, maybe LSU wants in on some of that...ha! Plus, I cannot imagine it will be as hot as it is down here in early September!

I love these OOC match ups.
I'm sure most Wisconsin fans would trade a few offensive lineman for the speed and athleticism LSU has at most positions. UW could use more than one home run hitter on offense (Melvin Gordon). Look forward to tailgating with some of you when the time comes.

Originally posted by Tiger Stripe:
If the game were being played at Camp Randall, I'd be coming, but seeing as it's at Lambeau, I won't. Why they decided to play these games in two NFL stadiums rather than giving the fans the chance to visit a legendary college venue (Camp Randall for LSU fans, Death Valley for Wisconsin fans), must be purely for money. It's certainly not for the fans enjoyment, imo.
I agree with your post, but I will say that while Relient Stadium isn't legendary, Lambeau is every bit as legendary as any stadium in sports. The capacity from Camp Randall to Lambeau is a wash or slightly improved, but they lose about 20k going from Tiger Stadium to Relient Stadium. I don't get where the excess $ is made up, but I'm sure you're right. Should be fun either way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT