ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Malachi Lane: PWO dream come true.

TDLSU

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
Hammond, Louisiana
Jerit Roser... much good onya,.. most excellent content and prose. Great get for the Tigers!

... oh yeah, absolutely love this kid! He will make a mark as a Tiger. Book it, Dano.

"Lane said he doesn't have any prior family connection to LSU or Louisiana.

His passion started from video games and televised college football games and was enough to have the Tigers top the vision boards that also included: in-state TCU, of which Lane's father is a fan; Florida, where his mother grew up and still has family; and Boise State, where his father has family.

And a couple of visits to Baton Rouge in high school further cemented his vision.

"I went to one of the games, (vs. Texas A&M in 2019), and the atmosphere there was just electric," he said. "And I felt comfortable. I felt at home. And I took a tour of the campus on my way to Florida one time (to visit family), and I loved the campus and loved everything about the campus. The people were super nice. And then they won the national championship."

Lane isn't sure whether he'll end up primarily under Wilson as a running back or House as a linebacker, but is just ecstatic to move to Baton Rouge this summer, put on purple-and-gold practice jerseys and get to work in whatever capacity the coaches feel best helps the team.

Regardless of which side of the line of scrimmage he's on, donning the jersey he has admired from afar for so long will represent the realization of dream half his life in the making.

"It's super crazy," he said. "I know younger me would be super proud of myself that I said I was going to go there and I got there through all the ups and downs. Younger me would be proud."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News