ADVERTISEMENT

Meilankev......

AndrewLSU

1st Team All-America
Jun 21, 2001
Baton Rouge
First off, you're one of my favorite posters. Level-headed, grounded, and completely above being raptured by emotion. So, having said that, for the first time I can remember, I disagree with a point you've made. And would love to share my point of view, and get your thoughts in return.

You have posted your vehement rejections of the concept of a 'fence' around Louisiana, how much of a waste of time focusing on the myth is. Even gave an example of Hootie spurning us, and it resulting in us signing Jamal Adams, who is no doubt the better player.

My exception with this thought process is the following: I think the main concern isn't 'state pride' in these kids leaving, but rather the significance of losing a kid right under our nose.

By and large, the absolute easiest recruits to sign, for most schools, are those in state. When you have to venture OOS, the odds drop DRAMATICALLY. So, there is immense value in signing a kid rated #1 at his position that is in state. Do you think Fournette signs here if he is from Birmingham? If Tyron Johnson is from Dallas? If Leo Lewis attended Pontchatoula High, where would he have signed? You get my point. Is Dylan Moses a commitment right now if he plays for a Los Angeles school?

My point is that yes, for every in state stud that goes elsewhere, it represents a huge burden, generally speaking, for the staff to go recruit his replacement. It has nothing to do with state pride. We can call it a fence, but when a local kid chooses to head OOS, it significantly affects our class, historically speaking.

This post was edited on 2/19 6:43 PM by AndrewLSU

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News