ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Miles failure much to do with......

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
As we all realize Les was a classy guy with some quirks. He won a lot of games in his early tenure taking over from a rebuilt program by Nick Saban. In his early tenure he won the great majority of his SEC games. He brought LSU to a National title. Then flirted getting another. But what happen?

I won't get into what Les did wrong because that has been hashed out on here a lot. But to me if you take all the wrong doings of Les the worse thing that happen to him was being part of the SEC West. When Saban came to LSU their was no TAM. Ole Miss, Bama, Arkansas or Miss State with a Dak Prescott were not on the SEC West map as being very good. In fact each of those programs were really pretty poor. So Les Miles got to witness as Saban did a weak SEC west and both took full advantage of the league. But then Les stayed Les and the Aggies came and Ole Miss, Bama, etc. all got MUCH BETTER.

So Les basically got passed up by the league. And I know we have beat the Aggie every year but it's still a difficult and physical battle that accumulates on the players.

The next coach. Comes into a SEC West much better than when Saban was here and when Les took over the Tiger program. Fans consider that with our up and coming expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News