ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL My Observations week 1

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
1. This is a well coached team in nearly every aspect from walking onto the field in warmups to finishing the game. Best coached team since the early Miles teams.
2. Burrow is maybe the biggest reason Coach O has new life as a head coach. Smart player who has been a coach like player all summer putting in this offense.
3. Steve Ensminger could not have done this by himself. Brady the best hire to date by coach O.
4. This is the best conditioned team I have seen LSU field since the Saban years. The big men are in tremendous condition with little bad weight.
5. Under Coach O our special teams have improved a ton.
6. Quality depth at nearly all positions due to improved 85 man roster and much improved roster management.
7. The increased numbers of staff analyst can not go under stated. Player to coach ratio is hugely improved in addition to the benefits of scouting opponents.
8. I understood they would run the spread but I did not think they would run as much up-tempo offense as they did. That to me was a surprise......the continuous fast pace offense with no slow down. Not sure that’s all good. We will see. It seemed faster than the Saints pace but maybe Iam wrong.
9. The past routes especially in the red zone looked So Much like the Saints.
10. The stadium and campus looked amazingly clean and beautiful.

I said a couple years ago the small things I see would tell me the chances of our success under O. While the season is very young the things we are seeing are encouraging. If Burrow and a few key players can stay healthy it could be a super year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News