ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL My Onservations vs Bama

SDT2008

Hall Of Fame
Dec 4, 2007
1. Dave Aranda is a Super Star
2. Coach O did the best he could with what he inherited. Met and exceeded expectations thus far. Just a super motivator.
3. Tiger Fans were amazing.
4. LSU campus looks the best it ever has.
5. The lack of quality recruiting of very good big men at the OL position for a number of years is our Achilles Heel against the extremely talented defenses. When you looked at the formations on offense trying to keep the TE's tight into the scrimmage to help block and at many times even keeping Malachi in tight goes to show you the coaches knew we could not block them one on one. The other side of that coin doing that is you loose the ability to get the ball down field. It was a total mismatch our OL vs their DL. This won't get fixed over night.
6. QB play now for many years is way not good enough. Etling was big time exposed.
7. The defense played lights out. With any offense we win comfortably.
8. We have improved 100% on special teams but still have some tweaking to do. I said early in the season we will get FG blocked because we were not getting the ball up high enough at the line of scrimmage. The good team saw what I saw and you could see with the block FG Bama concentrated their jump up at the center of the line and thus blocked the kick.
9. Our DL talent level improved a great deal over the last three years. Prior to coach O getting to LSU we were much like our OL not good enough.
10. Got to the game early was on field level and watched T. Valentine a lot. Disappointed to report that as a fan don't expect anything good to result from him as a member of this team. A casual observer can tell something is missing upstairs with this kid. That's all I will say.
As much as I love coach O after watching our needs I would want Jimbo and work my ass off to keep Aranda and O along with Craig and Raymond.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News