ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts on NSD

Julie Boudwin

Managing Editor
Gold Member
Jul 29, 2019
Louisiana
twitter.com
Let’s start with I’m glad this recruiting class has mostly wrapped up. Since the news of Ed Orgeron last year in the season until now, it’s been absolutely insane covering LSU and keeping up with it all (while also dealing with hurricane aftermath and pregnancy), so I for one want to say congrats to Brian Kelly and his staff. Bring on spring ball!

Yes, some guys left the state and I think that was to be expected with a new coaching staff just being completed. I expect LSU to have a lot more success moving forward keeping the recruits in-state that they want with this staff but it does take time. And let’s be real, local businesses that support LSU have to step up with NIL.

I did not expect LSU to go 6/6 yesterday but there’s no sugarcoating it: it hurts losing Danny Lewis and Jacoby Mathews to SEC opponents. But looking at the class as a whole, including transfers, they filled holes on the roster and added a lot of experience.

Inking Harold Perkins to end the day was truly icing on the cake. He’s an elite athlete, and I would expect him to be on the field right away - that’s the type of talent he has. Jaelyn Davis-Robinson adds some speed to a cornerback room as that room got a total rebuild in the last month.

LSU has five scholarships left and we’ll dive into what they could be looking for on another day but I also believe we won’t see all these schollies filled until after spring is completed in case additional LSU players enter the portal so until then I’ll hold off completely judging or grading the class but all in all I think fans should be happy with the pieces the Tigers have recently brought in such as: Walker Howard, Quency Wiggins, Miles Frazier, Perkins, etc.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News