ADVERTISEMENT

News, Notes and Video from the Road: Lee County (Ga.) vs. Jones County (Ga.)

RivalsWoody

Jul 11, 2012
Every week after I attend a game (or games) I try to come on the boards and share my thoughts with readers. Last Thursday I was down in Macon where I got a chance to watch at least one LSU commit and several other targets.

Here are my musings from that game, as well as some exclusive video for you to enjoy.

Class of 2017 LSU fullback commit Tory Carter really impressed me while playing both fullback and defensive end. Carter is a classic throwback-type player who isn’t afraid to throw his body around for the sake of his team. When LSU took his commitment earlier this year I was really surprised, but when you watch him play it’s easy to see why a team who uses a fullback would want a guy like him on the roster. Here are some clips of him in action.

Class of 2018 Michigan commit Otis Reese had a very good game while bouncing around from safety, to linebacker and even playing a few snaps at corner. Reese is a very aggressive player who flies to the ball, but sometimes his aggression can also be his downfall. He looked much better in game action than he did when I saw him last month at LSU’s camp and I think he has a good chance to develop into quite the outside linebacker in the future. I know he sees himself as a safety, but I think he will end up being 6-3, 225 by the time he gets on campus at the college of his choice in 2018. As far as his recruitment, he appears solid with Michigan, but it’s clear LSU is on his mind as well. He mentioned them as a school he plans to visit this fall and his teammate, 2017 fullback Tory Carter, is already committed to the Tigers. Reese finished the game with four tackles, but was not credited with a fumble I believe he forced during the first half. Here’s some video of Reese in action from the game.

Class of 2017 linebacker Akilies Leroy has an offer from LSU, as well as offers from Central Michigan, MTSU and Troy. Leroy led his team in tackles with eight, an also has a tackle for loss as well as a forced fumble and a fumble recovery. He flies around the field and isn’t afraid to hit, but I still think he’s a little undersized to play in the SEC. I think he’s more likely to find a home at a non-Power Five school..

The star of the second game was then Michigan commit Aubrey Solomon, who went up against a Jones County team that didn’t really put up a whole lot of resistance for him personally. Solomon looked great getting off the ball and made several plays behind the line of scrimmage. He finished the game with three tackles, all of them for loss, including one sack, but like most defensive tackles, he had more of an impact on the game than the stat sheet shows. Last year when I saw Solomon play he was going both ways and was visibility worn down. He looks much fresher focusing on just defense, although he still got a little worn out late in the game. As far as his recruitment, I think it will be a race between Georgia, Alabama and Florida State to land him, with visits this fall playing a major role. With all that's gone on over the past few days I'm not sure if Michigan gets back in the mix. Here’s some video/analysis from the game.

I continue to be impressed with 2017 Lee County running back Mark Robinson. As far as I know, he has no offers, but I saw him at LSU’s camp last month where he was very impressive and he looked good again on Thursday night. He’s a true sleeper as far as I know but I would be shocked if he didn’t find an FBS home by the time Signing Day rolls around. Robinson finished the game with 157 yards on 33 carries. Here are a few clips from him in action.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News