ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASEBALL Observations On Game Today...

Wildtigers10

Hall Of Fame
Jan 26, 2006
Shreveport, Louisiana
First the bad...

Not sure why Bryce Jordan was not in the line-up tonight all he did was hit a huge grand slam yesterday. Both Jordan’s need to be in the line-up they bring swag and pop to the plate with them. And.. Beau Jordan in the 7 hole? These guys need to be hitting up in the order, tons of experience.

Coomes is not a good defensive catcher. I like his stick though.

I hope Daniel Cabrera starts hitting the ball sooner than later.

The good...

Zach Watson and Duplantiss appear to have picked right up swinging the sticks.

Smith looks to be steady at the plate and in the field but it looks like his range at short-stop will not be as long as Bregman or a Robertson.

I think the Jordan twins could have monster years IF they get to p,ay everyday.

And The ugly...

This pitching staff has a loooong way to go. Hess will have to get command of a 91-92 mph fastball. I don’t think he has the stamina to go 6 innings at 95-96.

I only saw a couple of guys out of the pen tonight and none of them were prototypical big time arms. They were not tall and could hardly break 89 mph.

I do not like the way Paul Mainieri tinkers around in these early games. Don’t start the season against Notre Dame with a bunch of freshmen and inexperienced guys. There is plenty of time to get them experience.

Woley was one of the most prolific hitters in the country coming out of HS but he can’t crack the line-up. Broussard doesn’t look he can hit the ball out of the infield. I guess Paul just doesn’t like power in the line-up.

Finally... Slaughter? Can’t catch a cold in the rain and pressing again at the plate. Give me Chris Reid at 3rd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News