ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL Offensive questions/Concern (Staff and anyone else)

Once and Future King

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
So, the impression I get is that Kelly generally likes to run a two-TE set or a set with a TE and a wing. If that's incorrect, please let me know.

The question is this - given our current roster with the depth and talent we have at RB (solid enough but thin), at TE (unknown and thin) and WR (spectacular and deep), are we looking at a possible situation where BK tries to force a round peg into a square hole, does the offense he prefers to run allow for the flexibility of going 4 or even 5 wide or is he likely to alter his offensive mindset to better reflect the roster?

At this point the only known strength we have on our offense is our WR corps and its miles better than almost anyone in the country. I would hate to see us spend a lot of time with only two of those cats out there on the field at once while we look to QB runs, walk-on TE's and second string RB's for the lion's share of our production.

These worries may be unfounded - I certainly hope they are - and I was hoping someone with a little more knowledge on BK in general and this version of him in particular could tell me whether or not that's the case.

Reactions: southern comfort
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News