ADVERTISEMENT

LSU FOOTBALL OK, Let's talk Tiebreake

reauxbeaux

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 25, 2007
Should LSU lose to Bama and beat Ole Miss, there will be (potentially) three teams at 7-1 in the SEC West. How do the tiebreakers work? See the following:

Three-Team Tie (or more)
If three teams (or more) are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order: (Note: If one of the procedures results in one team being eliminated and two remaining, the two-team tiebreaker procedure as stated in No. 1 above will be used):
A. Combined head-to-head record among the tied teams - LSU beats Ole Miss, Ole Miss beats Alabama, Alabama beats Ole Miss - Tied
B. Record of the tied teams within the division - All the same... lost to a team in the SEC West
C. Head-to-head competition against the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference record, and proceeding through the division (multiple ties within the division will be broken from first to last and a tie for first place will be broken before a tie for fourth place); No fvcking idea what this means
D. Overall record against non-divisional teams; LSU/Alabama wins
E. Combined record against all common non-divisional teams; None as far as I know

Two Tied teams-
Two-Team Tie
In the event two teams are tied for a division title, the following procedure will be used in the following order:
A. Head-to-head competition between the two tied teams;

However, I have to feign ignorance. I have no idea what #C means. Can anyone pitch in?.

I think whatever the case, we have to beat Bama.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News