ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Ole Miss sanctions

Tiger Stripe

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2001
Mandeville, LA
Another year of bowl ban, 13 scholarship reductions and financial penalties. Show cause for 4 assistants but not Freeze.

Hasn't been clarified yet, but that is usually the case when a team has a 2 or more yr bowl ban.
Bowl ban is a little confusing to me. They self banned for thi
Hasn't been clarified yet, but that is usually the case when a team has a 2 or more yr bowl ban.
The bowl ban is a lttle confusing to me. They self banned for this year, is the ban now for an additional two years?

Another year of bowl ban, 13 scholarship reductions and financial penalties. Show cause for 4 assistants but not Freeze.

The report I read said Freeze did get show cause but wasn't understood for how long.

Greg Little was recruited by Matt Luke...so not sure he would leave, and according to his player profile and articles, LSU was a distant 5th or more behind Ole Miss, Bama, Aggie and OU. Pipe dream...but would make the already good LSU OL freaking great! .

And the reductions is in addition to the 11 they self imposed. So it's really like 24.
I would assume those scholarship reductions would be 6 per year for the 4yr probation period. Would that be a correct?

I would think so. Also just read an updated report. Freeze only got a one year show cause and two game suspension if he takes a job after. BUT it also said no penalty if he takes a job as an assistant.

The report I read said Freeze did get show cause but wasn't understood for how long.
According to the article on ESPN:
"Former Rebels coach Hugh Freeze, who resigned for off-field issues in July, received a one-year show-cause penalty and two-game suspension from the NCAA for failure to monitor his staff. The penalties apply only for head coaching positions, and there would be no restrictions if Freeze takes a job as a coordinator or assistant."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...two-year-bowl-ban-scholarship-reductions-ncaa

According to the article on ESPN:
"Former Rebels coach Hugh Freeze, who resigned for off-field issues in July, received a one-year show-cause penalty and two-game suspension from the NCAA for failure to monitor his staff. The penalties apply only for head coaching positions, and there would be no restrictions if Freeze takes a job as a coordinator or assistant."

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...two-year-bowl-ban-scholarship-reductions-ncaa

Even if LSU was to bring him in, he would obviously bail the instant the show cause expires for a HC gig.

ED O should offer him only if he can bring Patterson and Little.

Even if LSU was to bring him in, he would obviously bail the instant the show cause expires for a HC gig.

I could maybe see him sticking for two years to wait and get another major job. But yes, he's got to bring Patterson with him no matter what. Little would be a bonus

Reactions: 03_TIGERS_07

Excellent point! CEO should probably stay away from him all together but still go after Little! Not sure, over the long haul, that Patterson would be good for LSU's current situation.

Forget about Patterson and Little. We need a place kicker to transfer. Someone who can kick a extra point. We had more extra point misses than any other school in the country.

Forget about Patterson and Little. We need a place kicker to transfer. Someone who can kick a extra point. We had more extra point misses than any other school in the country.
Kicker is a good idea but, no there is no way you forget about Little! Important to make sure there are a lot of extra points to be kicked!

Do transfers count against the 25 or just the total 85.. we are tight with the 25 and the new signing date (Dec 22) means that there will be less room to "process" someone after that date... obviously players can make up their mind about transferring in a minute... but they still have to pass their exams to stay eligible, so tight window..

Do transfers count against the 25 or just the total 85.. we are tight with the 25 and the new signing date (Dec 22) means that there will be less room to "process" someone after that date... obviously players can make up their mind about transferring in a minute... but they still have to pass their exams to stay eligible, so tight window..
I know when LSU got that kid from PSU on a transfer; he didn't even count against the 85.
Also, important to know that transfers will not have to sit out a year. They receive instant eligibility.

Reactions: southern comfort
I just saw that the transfer rule would only apply to students that the bowl ban would affect the bowl in their last year of eligibility

maybe we should just go for 2 like Oregon w/ C Kelly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT