ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Please consider helping an LSU fan (and my Brother in Law) fighting for his life

JeffersonPowell

Publisher
Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Death Valley Insider fam, I hate that I have to type this because it hits so close to home, but here we are. My brother in law Joe Roubique is as die-hard an LSU fan as I’ve ever met and is currently in the fight of his life….For his life. Joe suffered two strokes recently and is currently in ICU fighting for his life. He is currently paralyzed and unable to breathe on his own but continues to show signs that leaves our family hopeful and optimistic. Joe is the sole provider for his family and his loving wife Angela is staying by his side day and night as often as the medical staff will let her. Unfortunately for Joe and Angela the bills won’t stop. They could use all the help they can get and my mother in law Liz has set up a go fund me for Joe and Angela to help them not only cover the medical costs, but assist with day to day bills as well because neither of them can work right now. They’ll need money to pay for these costly treatments as Joe continues to fight for his life, and everything from a phone bill to putting dinner on the table. They genuinely need all the help they can get.

If you’re able, even if it’s just one dollar, please consider helping them in their fight. Every penny will help them in their fight. If you are unable to help with financial support, Angela and Joe will take all the prayers and support they can get for strength and healing.

1000004976.jpg

A Louisiana native and long time Tiger supporter Joe has had season tickets for as long as I’ve known him. He loves the Tigers, hates Alabama and if there’s ever a man that bleeds purple and gold it’s my brother in law Joe. He’s originally from Louisiana and has other family in the area. Though he lives in Houston now, some of you may have seen him tailgating outside of Tiger Stadium or even supporting the Tigers on the road. Some may know who he is, or you might have seen him and not known it. He loves to tease me about how awful my Florida Gators have been over the last several years and I hope and pray that he can overcome this tragedy so he can continue doing just that.

Please consider helping in any way you can. Any dollar you can spare or even a few minutes of prayer. Anything helps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News