ADVERTISEMENT

potential outback matchup with iowa

lmoney60

1st Team All-America
Sep 21, 2004
really enjoyed the bowl environment at capital one in '05. would enjoy the chance to tailgate w/ LSU'ers again!

thoughts on matchup with iowa this year?

happy holidays,

iowa fan

Really ! LSU?
What an uninteresting pairing for both teams.
sad0021.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/8 5:18 PM by fatboy319

I like the matchup. LSU is a very good team. They gave Auburn their only loss.

Iowa will have their hands full. Though LSU lost their QB that freshman is impressive.

Originally posted by fatboy319:
Really ! LSU?
What an uninteresting pairing for both teams.
sad0021.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/8 5:18 PM by fatboy319
However that photo is interesting

Originally posted by tigerfreakdave1:
I like it...LSU gets a chance to set things right...ha!
Should be a fun game looking forward to a week in Florida!!

The media will replay "The Catch" over and over as they cover the lead up to the game.

If that doesn't get the LSU team fired up and ready for some payback I don't know what will.

I expect a tough game.

LSU will easily win... if you give the mad hatter a month to prepare and get those LSU players 100% healthy then i say its going to be a LSU statement for next year!!!

Originally posted by TIGER_JAKE:
LSU will easily win... if you give the mad hatter a month to prepare and get those LSU players 100% healthy then i say its going to be a LSU statement for next year!!!
Yeah right, swamp boy.

Perspective from a Tiger fan living in Iowa:

Iowa caught a break with Mettenberger hurt, but Jennings is maybe an even worse matchup
for Iowa, if his passing game is even just serviceable , since he runs so well. Beckham Jr. and Landry are two of the best route-runners around and they catch most everything thrown near them. Plus both are very fast. Beckham JR in particular has been amazing this year.
Jeremy Hill is a freak, and Terrence Magee has been outstanding when filling in - if LSU's Oline can control then that's huge trouble for Iowa.

Iowa's physical o-line and running game should allow them to move the ball. I can't see their WR's getting any separation from LSU's young but talented DB's . I see Rashard Robinson maybe matching up with Martin-Manly (sp?) since he's such a physical corner

Iowa's QB Ruddock is heady and a good passer. Not a big running threat but he is deceptively mobile when things break down .

I think special teams may be a difference maker - Beckham JR has more than one huge return in this game, I think . Iowa's Jordan Cotton is capable of breaking a big one as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT