ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASKETBALL Question on Vanderbilt Game.

Bill_D

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jun 26, 2001
Houston, TX
I have seen just segments of several games live prior to the Vanderbilt game. I am not very knowledgeable about basketball. What I concluded from the small amount I have watched in games previous to the Vanderbilt game the defense did not impress me very much and the rebounding in particular seemed very inadequate. The first part of the Vanderbilt game seemed about the same way. At some point they started putting a lot of pressure on the outside 3 point shooters and started rebounding better. There defense also seemed more organized. as well as aggressive.

It seemed to be that when a player named Darcy Malone went into the game was when the defense seemed the best organized, though everyone appeared to be playing well. Everyone seemed to limit the good shot opportunities of the Vanderbilt players and blocked out well on rebounding. The players just seemed to be in the right place. Was this observation in error? Can LSU expect .that defensive mode to continue?

Another observation. Simmons at some point took the offense over against Vanderbilt. It has been a long time since I have seen an LSU player take control of a game like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News