ADVERTISEMENT

SEC Questions regarding the eventual realignment of the SEC

Once and Future King

1st Team All-America
Gold Member
Nov 10, 2019
The last I heard, there was the intent to explore a 'pod' system once Texas and Oklahoma are added to the fold. Personally, I think this is by far the most equitable way of doing things, and even the proposed pods sounded ideal. They were as follows:

Texas
Oklahoma
Arkansas
Missouri

LSU
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Mississippi State

Alabama
Auburn
Tennessee
Vanderbilt

Florida
Georgia
South Carolina
Kentucky

This is superb, really, as it keeps almost every 'rivalry' game of note intact as well as keeps teams grouped culturally, geographically and historically. With the 3-2-2-2 schedule, very 4th year player will have had the chance to have played in every SEC stadium and every fan base will see the entire SEC play in their home stadiums at least once every four years (as it should be), we dispense with inequitable cross-division rivals as permanent opponents and ultimately balance the schedule out for everyone. Even the pods themselves look relatively balanced.

With the season drawing to an end, its becoming time to discuss such matters further and I was wondering if anyone had heard anything recently, either affirming these intentions or moving away from them?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News