ADVERTISEMENT

LSU BASKETBALL Quick Post Game Thoughts - LSU vs Iowa

JeffersonPowell

Publisher
Staff
Jun 2, 2011
Quick Post Game Thoughts

• Caitlin Clark is just filthy. I know she gets a ton of hype and media, but man is she good. It's like watching a female version of Steph Curry. It's not just her shooting, but she has impressive vision and passing ability to create for her teammates. I know I won't win any friends with this one, but she's really worth the hype and like her or not, for the game of women's basketball she is what this sport needs right now.​
  • Flau'jae Johnson should have been tasked with guarding Caitlin Clark. If I was Kim Mulkey and staff, I work with Flau'jae leading up to this game and tell her she's locking up Clark. She's LSU's most athletic defender and it seemed like for 95% of the game it was HVL and Poa guarding Clark and nothing they were doing was working. I don't recall seeing Flau'jae actively take that role until it was pretty much too little too late, with less than five minutes left in the game and a massive hole to come from behind.​
  • I'm not sure how much work LSU put into defending Iowa's screen game in practice leading up to the game, but the Hawkeyes had the screens working to perfection tonight. I would have made that an emphasis in practice this week leading into the game.​
  • Reese was very good early on, she seemed to lose a lot of that steam when she rolled her ankle, looked like a much different player on the court after that.​
  • Overall, it was an exciting game, and that atmosphere was amazing. This game was definitely good for the game of women's basketball. Interested to see the numbers it drew.​

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News