ADVERTISEMENT

rematches in nc game

chumleynole

2nd Team All-America
Dec 19, 2003
I was thinking recently about our unfortunate rematch with Florida in 1996. Since then I have always felt rematches were unfair in the title game. The loser always has the advantage because the loser can make adjustments. The winner really cannot because afterall what the team did the first time worked. I thought I would see what your take on it was because your the only school that can relate to what we went through in 96. I was too our biggest rival no less. I also was curious as to who was your biggest rival. If we win Monday we will have 3 titles and the gators will have 3. Somehow I just feel it should be 4 to 2 in our favor.

Historically I believe LSU's biggest rivals are Arkansas and Ole Miss. These days it would be hard to say it isn't Bama.

rematches suck, regardless if it is the two best teams or not....like in 1996 and again in 2011.

I can think of only one instance in which the losing team did not win the rematch. In 2003 LSU beat UGA in a real close regular season game. LSU beat UGA in the SECCG in a blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT