ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING Sit down then open this thread

Jimmy Detail

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2018

LSU has a real shot for elite defensive end Jordan Burch. The five-star visited with his mother this weekend and it sounds like the trip went extremely well. Ed Orgeron and his staff are developing their style when sitting with parents and going down an extensive checklist of things to cover.

The blueprint was written and executed with Georgia five-star Arik Gilbert and his mother, who played a major role in his recruitment, and the same approach was given to Jordan Burch and his mother, who also plays a major role in his recruitment. It involves a massive effort by coaches, support staff in both the assistant coaches' offices and the recruiting offices. A lot of focus is given to the finer details and a lot of heart-to-heart discussions that Orgeron and his staff seem to be executing extremely well.

The further I dig into this development the more I uncover, with more and more similarities between Gilbert and Burch emerging. Like Gilbert, nobody truly knows where Burch has been leaning, with most of the speculation centering around Clemson and Georgia. The more I poke around the more evident it becomes that Burch is taking a harder look at South Carolina than people may believe, and that while he likes Clemson and Georgia, he definitely does not appear to be enamored with either school to the point that others can't came into play. All of this feels a tad similar to Arik Gilbert.

Both the mother and Jordan have been in continuous contact since the trip; further evidence that the visit was more than just a date on the calendar. I will stop short of saying LSU is the leader, but I will mirror my reaction following Arik Gilbert's visit that LSU is now a major player for Jordan Burch. I may also add that it may be South Carolina that they are actually battling at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News